Today Intel introduced new 8th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors, spanning the Intel® Core™ processor family and the Intel® Xeon® processor family. Engineered to help make digital transformation real, organizations of all sizes can upgrade their fleets with these latest processors to optimize productivity with Windows* 10 and help protect company assets, while also managing costs. There are now more than 100 new 8th Gen Intel Core processor-based business PC designs built on the Intel vPro platform that deliver sleek devices workers want and the control IT teams need.
With new 8th Gen Intel Core processors built on the Intel vPro platform, businesses can:
Empower the modern workforce: In the age of data-driven productivity, rising analytics workloads demand more horsepower. By bringing a new quad-core configuration to mainstream mobile PCs, as well as six cores to premium mobile and desktop designs, IT pros that upgrade to the latest Intel vPro platform-based PCs can deliver top performance through a range of devices for all types of work.
- Finance and marketing teams can analyze and visualize data up to 40 percent faster1 on new 8th Gen Intel Core vPro processor-based laptops using tools like Microsoft* Power BI for speed to insight. And on the other side of these dashboards, data scientists can find patterns in data up to 2.1 times faster2 to shape the future of machine learning.
- With the addition of Intel® Optane™ memory, power users can gain up to 78 percent better overall system performance3 with new 8th Gen Intel Core i5+ vPro platform-based desktops. As a smart system accelerator, Intel Optane memory also delivers up to 2.27 times faster responsiveness4 and maximizes productivity by adapting to workstyles.
- Advanced professionals can count on the reliability of new workstations powered by new Intel® Xeon® E processors, which deliver up to 20 percent faster modeling and interactive 3D applications.5 This new level of performance empowers fields such as financial services, life sciences and engineering to work with the latest and most complex applications.
Protect data proactively: Stolen, default and misused credentials at the endpoint continue to be the leading cause of data breaches.6 The Intel vPro platform is architected to provide advanced security, which now includes improvements to the Intel® Authenticate solution and a new hardware enhancement called Intel® Runtime BIOS Resilience.
- Intel Authenticate, a multifactor authentication solution that verifies identities in hardware for added protection below the software layer, now includes support for facial recognition with Windows 10. This enables an intuitive user experience across leading business devices from Dell*, HP*, Lenovo* and more, while also supporting specific IT policies and management consoles.
- Right out of the box, new Intel vPro platform-based PCs from Lenovo and HP will begin to take advantage of Intel Runtime BIOS Resilience – a hardware enhancement that minimizes the risks of malicious code injection. As part of Intel’s commitment to continually advance cybersecurity, this new firmware feature locks BIOS when software is running to help prevent planted malware from gaining traction.
Mitigate risks and costs: As computing extends to digital signage, vending machines and hospital rooms, there are more devices to manage and the Intel vPro platform provides one consistent way for IT to stay in control. In addition to how Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) reduces on-site support and the Intel® Stable Image Platform Program mitigates maintenance during transitions, Intel is also introducing new component-level traceability through the Intel® Transparent Supply Chain, as well as streamlined tools for taking full advantage of Intel AMT.
- Dell and Intel recently unveiled new functionality for the Dell Client Command Suite. This deployment and provisioning toolkit will help IT activate Intel AMT in under 30 minutes for managing endpoints remotely and out-of-band. A well-managed fleet is more secure and this equips IT teams with the flexibility they need to be successful.
- Counterfeit and gray market parts are also an increasing issue in the cybersecurity landscape, especially for government organizations. Select new business PCs from Lenovo are the first to leverage the Intel® Transparent Supply Chain – a sophisticated service Intel has extended from servers into clients. The program gives IT pros peace of mind by enabling traceability and allowing them to validate the authenticity of their PC purchases.
Staying on the latest PCs is how modern organizations can optimize Windows 10 and prepare for heightened cybersecurity standards such as GDPR. It is top performance and premium business solutions from the Intel vPro platform that IT teams need to prioritize as they aim to turn all of their endpoints into more strategic assets. Thin and light notebooks and 2 in 1s powered by new 8th Gen Intel Core vPro processors are available now, followed by premium mobile, desktops and workstations coming later in the first half of this year.
The benchmark results reported above may need to be revised as additional testing is conducted. The results depend on the specific platform configurations and workloads utilized in the testing, and may not be applicable to any particular user’s components, computer system or workloads. The results are not necessarily representative of other benchmarks and other benchmark results may show greater or lesser impact from mitigations.
Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark* and MobileMark*, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more complete information visit www.intel.com/benchmarks.
Intel technologies’ features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Performance varies depending on system configuration. No system can be absolutely secure. Check with your system manufacturer or retailer or learn more at www.intel.com.
1As measured by a Microsoft* Power BI Data Source Change Workload comparing 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8650U vs. 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 4600U. Measures the time to load, query, calculate statistics, and draw 6 charts from a different local data source containing 2.2 million sales records.
2As measured by a Learn Patterns in Data Workload on an Intel Reference Platform, comparing 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5+ 8500 (1TB HDD + 16GB Optane) vs. 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5-3570 (1TB HDD).
3As measured by SYSmark* 2014 SE, comparing 8th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro i5+ 8500 (1TB HDD + 16GB Optane) vs. 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5-3570 (1TB HDD).
4As measured by a SYSmark* 2014 SE Responsiveness Subtest, comparing 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5+ 8500 (1TB HDD + 16GB Optane) vs. 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5-3570 (1TB HDD).
5As measured by SPEC_WPC subtest (Product Development) comparing Xeon E-2186M + 512GB SSD 7600p +iGFX vs. Xeon E3-1535M v5 + 512GB SSD 7600p +iGFX.