At a gathering of industry influencers, Intel welcomed the next wave of artificial intelligence (AI) with updates on new products designed to accelerate AI system development and deployment from cloud to edge. Intel demonstrated its Intel® Nervana™ Neural Network Processors (NNP) for training (NNP-T1000) and inference (NNP-I1000) — Intel’s first purpose-built ASICs for complex deep learning with incredible scale and efficiency for cloud and data center customers. Intel also revealed its next-generation Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ Vision Processing Unit (VPU) for edge media, computer vision and inference applications.
In a keynote address, Naveen Rao, Intel corporate vice president and general manager of the Intel Artificial Intelligence Products Group, shared significant product updates across the Intel AI portfolio in addition to Intel’s vision for the future of AI hardware and software.
- Intel Speeds AI Development, Deployment and Performance with New Class of AI Hardware from Cloud to Edge
- 2019 Intel AI Summit (Replay)
- Delivering a New Intelligence with AI at Scale (Naveen Rao Blog)
Internet of Things
- Hitachi Speeds AI-Based Diagnostic Imaging with Intel DevCloud for the Edge
- Faster Prototyping of State-of-the-Art Vision Applications
- Intel DevCloud for the Edge: Your Sandbox for Intelligence at the Edge
- AI Summit Ecosystem Customer Quotes